Thank you so much to Merryn at http://www.humbleheartscribbles.wordpress.com for giving me the One Lovely Blog Award! I feel so blessed and honored that someone would consider my blog to be “lovely” and give me this award. Thanks, Merryn! You should go check out Merryn’s blog. It is truly lovely and you will be blessed when you read it!
In accepting this award, there are a few rules to follow:
Rules (One Lovely Blog Award):
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award image.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven things about me:
1. I wrote an article that Children’s Ministry Magazine published in their May/June 2014 issue. It was super fun to see a story that I wrote in my favorite magazine!
2. I like to learn and read – and share what I learn and read, which is maybe how I ended up in teaching and speaking because I wasn’t looking to speak in front of large groups of people. Who knew that could be so much fun?!
3. I like to bake, walk outside, listen to Christian music, scrapbook, study the Bible, write and teach Bible lessons, travel and spend time with my family. One of my most recent adventures was climbing up a waterfall with my husband in Jamaica. I thought we would be climbing up BESIDE the waterfall, but no, we climbed up THROUGH the waterfall, which was way more fun anyway!
4. This is my tenth year volunteering with the Good News Club that I lead and teach. It’s pretty amazing how many kids we can fit into our room at our school!
5. I like to plan parties. When my kids were little it was so much fun to plan birthday parties and have their friends over to our home for a lot of fun. (Think back several years. Did your daughter receive in the mail a small homemade purple soft fabric sleeping bag with a birthday sleepover invitation tucked inside? That was from us. Or did your son go home and tell you about how amazing our Pizza Planet basement was during a Buzz Lightyear birthday party? Yep, us too. And all of that was before Pinterest!) Now I get to plan and give bridal showers and baby showers. So fun! (Check back soon for some pictures of the baby shower that I just hosted and also a post about the devotion that I wrote for it!)
6. I’m a girly girl. I’m not sure how many different shades of pink nail polish I have, but I like them all.
7. I’m glad that I only have to write seven things about me because that’s about all that I can think of! Oh, wait! I wrote a children’s book. How could I forget that? It’s “Papa’s Plan for Buddy Bee” and your kids will love it! Nebraska Life Magazine wrote an article about it as well as our city’s newspaper – without even telling me, which was a very fun surprise!
Here are my 15 nominations, in no particular order. They are all lovely!
Thanks again to Merryn for giving me the “One Lovely Blog Award.” Many blessings to you, Merryn!